1-5 // Blowing Off The Dust

 [Don't mind my abysmal graphics this update, the settings are still at the lowest they can go for now until I know that my game is stable enough for me to turn them up a little]
The first thing I saw upon loading my game for the first time in about five and a half months was a message stating that some objects were missing and had to be replaced with something else, because some of my expansion packs are broken.

That's always a good sign.

Well, let's assess the damages.
Hey, that's not so bad! I don't think that's what I had Masaru wear for formalwear (why is he even in his formalwear in the first place??), but everything else seems to be in tac-
Nevermind, the washing line turned into a brick sign.
I'm keeping it. Is that cheaty? The game kinda gave it to me, in a way, and it's not like it's giving me an advantage or anything.

And then when Ciera changed out of her sleepwear, I got...
That. Her hair doesn't exist in the game anymore, fair enough. But that doesn't explain the sudden dye job. This game will never cease to amaze me.
Her everyday dress is gone too (a shame, I liked that one) - that's her outerwear in the picture, though. Point is, she needed a full makeover.
There. That's kinda cute, and if anything else breaks later, well... both the hair and the dress are custom content, so it should be okay.

Other damages including every laundry hamper in the house being turned into a kitchen bin, minor tweaks to everyone else's outfits (such as Viola losing her choker and tattoo and Skylar wearing different trousers), and Masaru losing his lifetime wish. Aside from buying a new laundry hamper and a dryer, I just kinda left it all. It's not terrible.

Let's see, let's see, how do I explain this in-character... oh! Let's blame it on the aliens! What aliens? These ones, that showed up to abduct Ciera within two minutes of me turning the game back on!
Anyway. Now that that's been handled, let's get back on track.
Viola is the only mature adult in this house, I swear.
 "You spraypainted a star on the front wall! How dare you!"
"Woah, woah, calm down! That was like, a week ago!"
Speaking of spray painting, Masaru got an opportunity to be paid to grafitti somewhere in town. Anywhere at all. So, naturally, he picked the ground right in front of the town hall.
Classy.
Oh, yeah, speaking of classy - here's what our house looks like right now.
Maybe it's just because Masaru's guitar skill is better, but getting tips seems to be a lot easier now.
Not that I'm complaining.
Meanwhile, elsewhere, Skylar called a coworker out to hang out at the karaoke bar. Because that's literally the only thing to do in this town.
He got stood up, though, and ended up hanging out with the appraiser instead.
"Look at this cat video!"

A couple uneventful days later, and it was Hallow- ahem, Spooky day. Masaru got a call that morning from Lonnie Pertridge, asking him out on a date. Since neither I nor Masaru knew who the hell that even was, he accepted. Why not, right?
As it turns out, this is why not.
"I didn't know that you were a stinky old woman!"
Well, that went well.

While this was happening, Viola was invited to the Vanderburgs' costume party. She went as a hot dog, of all things.
So did everybody else.
What're the chances?
Anyway, the party turned out to be only marginally better than Masaru and Lonnie's date. But I did get a screenshot of Viola jumping in puddles on the Vanderburgs' balcony dressed as a hot dog, so it wasn't a total bust.
Take it in, folks, this will never happen again.
-----------
Next update should be better put together. I just needed to get back on track.
Extra screenshots

Comments

  1. Welcome back! :party:
    Have you asked one of the tech-savvy MTS'ers for advice on your broken EPs? Shucks about the lost content. Cool brickwall, though. So what happens when a sim loses their lifetime wish? Can you choose a new one or are you just stuck with a sim without LTW?
    But hey, on the bright side... Pets is still working!

    The hotdog party... I don't know why but my sims (both my own and townies) love that costume too, they do use others as well but the hotdog is by far the most common. I suppose it's kind of a trend in simnation, just like rainbow colored umbrellas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I was already mentally prepared to be rickrolled before I clicked the cat video link, but thanks for linking an actual cat video :P Sure to brighten everyone's day.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! No, I haven't thought to ask anyone on MTS... I should do that.
      I haven't been given the opportunity to pick out a new LTW for Masaru, he's just running around without one. I could try using cheats to bring up CAS and give him one, but how often do you get an adult sim without a LTW? its kinda cool, in that weird gimmicky way.
      pets working is definitely a huge bright side! thats the most important expansion by far.

      rainbow umbrellas and hot dog costumes being.a trend in simnation.... i can totally see that, omfg

      youre welcome for the cat video :) i thought thatd be a lot more fun than a rickroll. cats are awesome.

      Delete
  2. It's always aliens :O

    Having that sign outside makes the house look like a historical site.

    That hotdog costume is inevitable at spooky day parties, but this almost seems planned xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was one guy at the party who was dressed as a police officer, I don't think he got the memo that the dress code was hotdog with mustard

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1-2 // Ribbit

1-3 // Angry Bees

1-0 // Introduction