1-3 // Angry Bees

The household was broke. They had no money in their bank account. They still couldn't do their laundry, the dog stunk because they had no bathtub to wash him in, their toilet and sink kept breaking, and they couldn't get around their home without tripping over each other all the time.

This didn't bother Diesel and Rusty, though.
It didn't bother Ciera, either.
It did bother Viola, though, who proceeded to buy a clothesline and do the laundry as soon as she got her paycheck that day.
Masaru started putting out a tip jar (er, guitar case) while he practiced in the park. Unfortunately, the only audience he attracted was the newborn Carl Vanderburg. And even that was debatable, considering how quickly the baby started crying after being abandoned on the floor.
Way to go, Masaru. You can't even impress a six week old infant.
He brought up his troubles over dinner that night.
"I could barely hear my guitar over the screeching baby, and the guy just ignored it!" He complained.
"Oh, you might want to get used to babies. When I have mine, you're going to hear an awful lot of crying." Ciera responded.
Everyone went quiet. After an awkward moment, Skylar spoke up from where he was washing the dishes.
"I didn't know you had a boyfriend."
"Oh, I don't anymore. He got me pregnant, so I threw a flask of angry bees at him and ditched him."

Poor Guillermo. He didn't deserve that.

Nobody had a response for that. In about two sentences, they had learned several things they didn't know about Ciera...
-Within about a week of moving to Hidden Springs, she picked up a boyfriend and got serious enough to WooHoo with him
-And thus got herself pregnant
-And for some reason, thought that the correct response to being pregnant was to break up with him despite having no money and no room in her home for a baby.
-And she was enough of an a*$hole to break up with someone by setting a horde of bees on them.
-And she probably had no intention of moving, thus meaning that everyone else was going to have to help her raise someone else's child in their tiny one room cabin whilst completely broke.

Never mess with an alchemist.

Had this been a more story-driven legacy, the hot-headed Viola would have been very, very angry and would have flew off the handle and yelled at her.
But this isn't a story-driven legacy, and Sims always consider a pregnancy to be nothing but a good thing, no matter the situation.
So they all congratulated her, and moved on with their lives.

Busking in the sims isn't very profitable. So far he's earned a grand total of about §12 since the very beginning of the legacy.
Deciding that the central park must not be very popular, Masaru tried playing to the firefighters at the fire station instead.
Unfortunately, there's no Kylie Attaway in this legacy, meaning there's no firefighters at all whatsoever.
Third time's the charm, though, right? Next stop, the library.
A library is a place of quiet. Masaru and this lady whose name I've forgotten think that rule is stupid.
She didn't tip very well, though. Or at all. Thanks, lady.

Ciera kept up with her alchemy, despite her pregnancy. The game wouldn't let her use the bee box, though, which means no more bee flasks, but that didn't stop her from mixing other things.
After a while, they did manage to afford a crib, and a high chair, and a potty chair. There's no particular reason why the potty has to be right next to the front door instead of a sensible place like the bathroom, I just wanted it to be there.
 After a long day, Viola goes to the gym, Skylar goes to a variety of social events, and Masaru vents his frustration at the complete lack of tips by channeling his inner Marco Winterly and spray painting the lawn.
You know, the cat bed I bought for Rusty never gets used. Sim cats really are realistic.
Ciera's pregnancy was incredibly uneventful, if the filler wasn't making that clear enough. Skylar picked up an opportunity to grill hot dogs and deliver them to some teenager he met at karaoke the night before, so I bought him a grill, and it was while he delivered them that Ciera went into labor.
Nobody was home, so she took herself to the hospital and gave birth to a baby girl named Maisie. Why Maisie? Because while I was playing this part, my cat (who goes by the same name) came rubbing her face on the laptop.
For someone who just had a baby, Ciera sure looks uninterested.
Oh well.
---
Screenshots

Comments

  1. Ooh, Maisie is a beauty (the cat, not the pink burrito... yet)! How old? My cats usually "help" me writing new chapters by lying down on my arm so I can't properly type anymore :(
    I haven't played a busker in ages so I don't remember how/if I made any money... maybe plop down a bar or LN hotspot somewhere?

    It's true that pregnancy is always a good thing for sims, even with the dislikes children trait they will still get a positive moodlet from being preggers :(
    And yay for Rusty brushies \o/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oof, I'm not actually sure how old Maisie is. My parents probably do since the vet could probably have given them an approximation when we first got her? But they never told me and I don't know how old she was when we got her. She was a stray - used to hang around my school when I was a kid, followed me home one day and tried to crawl through the mail flap of all things.
      That was about twelve years ago, though, so she's at least that old. She's getting on a bit but heck I love her so much.
      You have no idea how many problems I've had trying to draw when one of my other cats (not usually Maisie) decides it'd be fun to start batting my pen. It'd be really cute if it didn't put gigantic pen streaks all over my drawings that I can't erase D: My mom's a professional author and has them come sit on her keyboard or on her chest in front of her face, too. It's not usually too big of an issue on my end since I don't spend much time writing, though - my legacy is just about the only writing project I've done in years.

      Can you tell I love talking about my pets?? I love my pets. So much.

      Hotspots turned out to be pretty good! I've played a little farther ahead than this in the game (Maisie just recently turned into a toddler) and recently discovered that Masaru can earn money by busking at the karaoke place. Still not very much money, but certainly more than he's ever gotten before so it's a plus.

      You'd think Sims with 'dislikes children' would at least have it bumped down to being a neutral moodlet, huh? But nope. You can hate children, be single, broke as heck, unemployed and live in a tiny run down shack but even an accidental pregnancy would still be wonderful and amazing.
      (Rusty finally gets the brushies she deserves <3)

      Delete
  2. Love Ciera and her uninpressd face. :p

    Usually what works for me when I play for tips is doing it in front of the theater/cinema, sims began to appear spontaneously. And doing the perfomance interaction increase the tip's value. (I'm sorry if you already knew this).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, i didn't already know that! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. "You know, the cat bed I bought for Rusty never gets used. Sim cats really are realistic."

    Lol... yeah. x.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we have a couple of cat beds for my real life cats at home and I've seen them used a grand total of once - and that was by my dog using it as a pillow, because the kittens were on his big dog sized bed.
      Their preferred sleeping spots include my mom's keyboard, my pillow while I'm trying to sleep, and all over the freshly cleaned laundry so that it's all covered in cat hair.

      Delete
  4. XD That casual pregnancy and break up tho. I loved the list of things they all learned about Ciera. It's also pretty cool how they don't all know each other in the house yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heck i'm late replying to this - sorry! was sorting some stuff out irl

      I kinda imagined that a lot of full house rolls would end up with siblings or couples, so I just kinda. put a load of complete strangers together and rolled with it. Good to see it works.

      Delete
  5. Wow, Ciera told everyone so casually, as if running someone off with bees was just the thing you do after they get you pregnant. xD

    Maisie is so cute. *_* Sim Maisie will probably be cute as well, as soon as she grows out of her burrito.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean that's _not_ the done thing? :000 and here I was, dumping all of my exes with jars full of bees.

      If everything goes as planned an update will be going up today - you'll get to judge for yourself how cute she turned out :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1-2 // Ribbit

1-0 // Introduction