1-0 // Introduction

GREETINGS!! T'is I, Efelkay, back from the dead!
Alright, alright, theatrics aside. Hi. Sup. I still exist.

So I'm not going to bother you with the long story since I already gave you a short explanation in the modthesims thread. But basically, the Attaways are gone, the Hawthornes couldn't even get started, and I'm trying to do another legacy because goddamnit you gave me a challenge and I'm going to complete it.

Third time's the charm, right?

I'm looking forward to this. I haven't played TS3 in a while - I got TS4 recently and have been messing around with that, and more recently I haven't been playing anything at all. I'm working on a comic and y'know... it won't draw itself.
And with that I should note that I'm not entirely sure how often I'll be able to update. I'll try to be frequent, but like anyone, I have priorities. Such as schoolwork, and my comic, and my pets, and whatever random trips my parents drag me out on.

If I manage to finish all the way through generation ten, I plan on moving on to another challenge with the leftover sims. Whether or not I'll do another legacy alongside it depends, I guess.

Anyway. You don't want to listen to (...read?) me rambling. Let's get on with it. Rolls!

Heir: Skylar McKinnon♂
Others: Viola O'Malley♀, Masaru Fujioka♂, Ciera Garner♀
Pets: Diesel♂, Rusty♀
Family Structure: Full House
Required No. of Children: 3
Primary Income: Standard Career - Culinary
Secondary Income: Standard Career - Military
Tertiary Income: Non-Standard Career - Busker
Quaternary??? Income: Non-Standard Career - Alchemist
Generational Goal: Party to Remember

Misc. Fun: Live Your Trait

Can we just take a moment to admire how ridiculously full my house is going to be by the end of this. 
Unlike some people on Modthesims, I'm lucky enough that most of my house is going to be working adults, so I'll probably be able to earn money pretty quickly, but still. The pathing errors. They're going to hurt. Especially once I have to throw that party with five guests.

But right now, at the very start, I don't have money. Which means my family can't afford a big house. Which means that I currently have four adults, a cat, and a large dog living in this small one bedroom cottage in Hidden Springs.
Heck.

My rolls aren't too bad though. Don't really have much to say about the careers. I have sims do culinary and military all the time in regular play, and while I've never used busking as a source of income there's nothing all that exciting about it. Maybe if it were my only source of income it'd be a bit more interesting, but it's not. 
I haven't really dabbled much in alchemy, though. Maybe my alchemist can do fun things to her neighbors with potions. 

I haven't bothered with generational goals for pets. I did it for the Attaways and I'm not doing it again. With a pet's lifespan, getting them to max hunting is really difficult and not all that fun, so Perfectionist just doesn't feel worth it. Fulfilled was simply boring, since pet wishes are usually pretty basic and can be dealt with in like two seconds most of the time. The idea of playing as a violent animal rubs me the wrong way so Fighter is out of the question, and there's no point in doing Explorer for every generation.
I'm not going to breed the animals, either. Any and all pets will simply be adopted.

From what I can tell, Live Your Trait is just supposed to apply to the heir. I'm going to apply it to all four of my adults, though. Consider it me making up for the lack of pet goals.
I'm also going to be doing Hall of Fame. Why the hell not.

So I've been blathering for a while, and yet we still haven't seen the household. Let me introduce you to my founder, Skylar McKinnon.
He's based off of a sim I made in TS4. The original Skylar was lookin' cute as hell in dresses and "feminine" hairstyles, but alas, TS3 won't let me do that. Makeup and jewelry it is.
He's going to be the chef, which means he's probably also going to be doing most of the cooking for the household. I kind of want to avoid using quick meals when I can since they feel cheatsy.
The original Skylar had a twin brother, Hayden, who I considered throwing into the mix as well, but ultimately I decided not to. The original plan was going to be to make all four adults in a polyamorous relationship, and while I ended up not doing that because of the mess that is jealousy, it still didn't feel quite right to have any of the four be related.
In the military career with have Viola O'Malley. Not much to say about her, really. She's the one I had the least amount of interest in while I was making them, so she doesn't have much of a story.
Masaru here is going to be the lead guitarist in the next greatest rock band!! ...Just as soon as he can find some bandmates. See, the few people who actually have any amount of interest in joining his band just aren't good enough to play with the great Masaru Fujioka, so for now he's just some amateur college dropout playing guitar in the park and hoping someone will be kind enough to drop a few coppers in his jar. Good thing he has several good friends to sponge off of.
Ciera (pronounced see-air-ah) is the alchemist. She likes to prank people with potions. Just harmless little things, such as making them tired, or turning them into zombies, or setting a horde of angry bees on them. No harm done!! What a great sense of humor.

And of course, no family is complete without pets. Meet Diesel and Rusty, the furry companions for this generation.
 
 I think that just about wraps it up for introductions? I'll be moving on to actual gameplay next update. Wow. Amazing. 
See you then!

Comments

  1. Seems like a fun first gen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From where I've played up to at the moment (which admittedly isn't far, but still), it's been fun. Keeping track of everyone at all times is a bit of a pain, but that's only really a problem because I like to keep track of everything all the time tbh. I'm looking forward to posting more about them.

      Delete
  2. Well there's going to be a lot going on here for sure! Also, Fujioka as in the guitarist for Babymetal who recently died? Is he named after anyone?

    Looks like a great start and should be a fun ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid he's not named after anyone - I used a random name generator. But if you want to think of it as a tribute to the guy from Babymetal, feel free.

      Delete
  3. I think full house is a really fun roll! But adding on three kids does sound pretty overwhelming. Two people with non-rabbithole jobs may be hard to keep up with, but fun!

    You probably have a mod free game, but if you ever do consider it, there is some great CC that's been converted for males at modthesims! http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=449711

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to my sims, so yeah it probably is going to be a bit of a wreck with me trying to keep tabs on everyone at once. I've never had a full household before.
      I'll manage though.

      I do believe I have a mod free game, yes, but thanks for the recommendation! I'll look into it.

      Delete
  4. So many sims, plus pets - this first generation is going to be absolute mayhem XD I like how different these four are from each other. Great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be an absolute wreck and I'm looking forward to it.

      Good to know I have enough variety in my cast so far! When I play by myself I have a habit of using the same few traits over and over again, but a legacy would get boring if everyone was identical.

      Delete
  5. [I should be writing on my own chapters and instead I'm browsing other people's blogs ;_;]
    Welcome back! \o/ :party:
    I'm so jealous of your roll, I still couldn't shake off my "single parent + 1 or 2 children" curse and I love overstuffed households! Rusty is super cute ♥
    This will be fun, I think we have kinda similar playstyles (bajillions of pets, avoiding cheaty feeling things) so I'm very much looking forward to it.
    I will do Hall of Fame too, that's cool that you're going to do this, I'd love to see someone elses family museum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [i know the feel. i _could_ be working on 1-2, since I have the content for it, but instead im playing catchup on all the stories I've been missing out on. I justify it as "it's not my fault the Winterlys (Winterlies? how do you plural a name) are so entertaining"]
      \o/ :party: Good to see you again!!
      Heck, I'm sorry to hear that. Rolling the same family structure over and over again must get old pretty fast.
      I kinda noticed the similar playstyles thing back when the Koyangis were running. It's pretty cool.

      I'm looking forward to setting up the Hall of Fame! I'm probably going to honor my spares, spouses and helpers there as well, and add a room for the pets too. I kind of lowkey did it with the Attaways in the form of an extra room off to the side that I added after Kylie, Jonah and Taiga died, but this time it's going to be officially listed as a rule. I... kind of already have a couple trinkets to add to it, too.
      I'm probably going to do Remember the Past as well, but that's just because I tend to hang pictures of my Sims on the wall anyway when I play regularly.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1-2 // Ribbit

1-3 // Angry Bees