1-6 // Even More Awkward Dates

One can never have enough of those, apparently.

So we've seen what Masaru and Viola got up to on Spooky Day. But do you really think the resident social butterfly was going to just stay at home all day on a holiday?
Skylar scheduled a party at the festival grounds and invited as many people as he possibly could. Which, as a note, was nowhere even close to everyone he knew. He knows a lot of people.
Including Astrid Pertridge-Anderson, who continues to stalk my sims despite now having a husband she could be spending time with.
On a side note, with the Nraas story progression, everyone who gets married picks up a double surname. Which is kinda cool sometimes, but I gotta ask - what happens when their kids start getting married? Will I be getting quadruple surnames? I feel like this has the potential to get out of hand really quickly.

Anyway. Skylar did just about everything the festival had to offer this late at night. The haunted house...
The honestly disgusting pie eating contest...
Apple bobbing with the ghost of Ella Carlisle, who I could have sworn was still alive the last time I checked...
All of that fun stuff. Then, because the pie and the apples was apparently not enough for him, he stole from Nicholas Riverhawk's picnic.
This looks strangely romantic.
He continued to watch as Nicholas and Jessica Willow started flirting with each other.
Nothing weird about this at all. Nope.
Nothing at all.
Hey, did you know you could mourn at the tombs around the haunted house? These two women were kind enough to demonstrate for me.
I don't think anyone's actually buried there, girls, but you do you. Skylar seems happy that they're grieving, because apparently he's secretly an asshole.
The next morning, Masaru got another call inviting him out on a date. He has yet to learn from last time, so he accepted. Meet Jenny Lho-Chesterfield, who appears to be cursed with resting bitch face. Literally this entire time she looked either angry or... well, like this.
That's unfortunate. So is her choice of date location - she brought Masaru to the military base. Apparently she's one of Viola's co-workers, which must be how she heard of Masaru.
The double surname seems suspicious, so I had Masaru ask about it...
...and it turns out she's married to Scott [Lho-]Chesterfield. Her type is guitarists, apparently.
This, apparently, is not as much of a turn-off for Masaru as Lonnie being in her eighties was, because he still continued to flirt with Jenny. In the middle of a military base.
I feel bad for Scott. Apparently she's literally expecting his baby.
They went out for dinner later, and, well.
I have no words for this one, honestly.
While all of this was going on, the rest of the household did a few odd jobs. After catering for some event, Skylar went dumpster diving on his own. Ew.
But hey, we got a free stereo! It works perfectly, despite having been fished out of the trash.
I had to take out the kitchen bin to fit it there. This cabin really is too small for so many people. Viola agrees.
"This place is a dump," She said during breakfast the next morning. "We should move."
And so, they made the descision to move somewhere else. Without consulting Ciera. Nobody trusts her opinion.
Goodbye, trashy shack...  
 ...hello, empty field.
Oh, hey, where'd this come from?
---
Unfortunately, the welcome sign from the old shack couldn't be packed in the family inventory, and I couldn't find another one in buydebug. But I want my brick sign, goddamnit, so I picked up a university sign instead. This stupid thing is going to become a family heirloom.
 
For those who are interested, here's a tour of the new house. 

Comments

  1. Finally out of the old shack! New house looks awesome, especially Ciera's dungeon! The nursery is huge so I'd say you're well prepared for more children now *winkwinknudgenudge*
    I like Jenny's RBF, it's kinda cute. Cheating on your husband is less cute.

    Regarding the double/quadruple names go into the StoryProgression menu > Town Options > Romance: Marriage Name" and choose whatever you prefer. And there's plenty of brick signs under misc. decor, maybe you find it there? I don't know all the brick signs in the game but that's where I'd look!

    [Clearly I don't have a life either :( Or maybe I do but not in summer and everyone irl is on vacation and I'm bored ughhhh]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the shack! it took far longer to build than it should have done, considering my game likes to crash at the drop of a hat during build mode and CAS.
      I'm very much prepared for more kids ;) the only issue is actually getting them, considering everyone is still ultimately single. Maybe I'll adopt....
      Jenny's got the mean-spirited trait, apparently, so at the very least it kinda makes sense.

      Thanks for the advice! I'll look into that later tonight when I play again.

      [heck, that sucks. im unemployed and not attending school atm, so ive got free time in spades. but the problem with that is that all of my friends have school, so im mostly just kinda. around. with nothing to do.]

      Delete
  2. Kind of want Masaru to convince Jenny to break up with her husband. Their date was pretty cute!

    Yeah, I don't always like the hyphenated last names, so I have it set to prompt me to choose a last name when someone gets married.

    The house looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unfortunately, Masaru and Jenny aren't meant to be. Jenny apparently thought the date was terrible, and then the next time she called Masaru to ask him out, Masaru autonomously shouted at her for cheating and they 'broke up'. I decided it's just not worth it.

      That's fair. I've tweaked the settings, too, although not to prompt me because that'd be distracting.

      glad you like the house!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1-2 // Ribbit

1-3 // Angry Bees

1-0 // Introduction