1-2 // Ribbit

Alternate Title: In Which Ciera Becomes A Frog

So in the last update I completely forgot about the "Live Your Trait" roll. I'll be abiding by that from now on, though, with all four of my adults as promised.

I also suddenly remembered EA's story progression and the absolute wreck it was by the time I finished generation one with the Attaways, and proceeded to break my "no mods" rule in favor of picking up a couple of Nraas mods to fix this in advance. Perhaps this isn't such a good idea with my game's history of being really volatile, but screw it.
---

While Ciera tended to her bees, Skylar picked up an opportunity to enter some kind of cooking showdown for a cash prize. Given their dwindling funds, he took it and got to work immediately.
Diesel is so offended that he transforms into a horrific monster, but nobody pays him any mind so he turns back and lets Masaru train him to sit.
Skylar wins the cash prize, but it doesn't really help an awful lot. They're still broke as hell.
But at some point, while I was watching Skylar and Masaru, Ciera had an alchemy backfire.
Did you know that backfiring alchemy can turn sims into toads? I thought it was just a witch thing, but I guess not.
Guess she's stuck like this for a while, since I can't get my hands on a cure elixir just now.

Masaru also picked up an opportunity, but this one didn't win him any money. All he got was a composition that he can't even learn yet.
So he just sat outside the theatre and played his guitar some more.
He still can't play for tips, by the way.
Ciera's elixirs sold, giving us enough money for a washing machine, though. Which is great, since there's no laundromat in town. The cabin was starting to get really messy.
Of course there's still the slight issue of being too broke to get a clothesline.
I have four working adults. How the hell am I still so broke. The bee box wasn't that expensive.

Our resident social butterfly met Jennifer Sato whilst out and about and became best friends in the span of about five minutes.
 "Did you hear about Carl and Maya Abbot? They're arguing all the time nowadays, I think they might be getting a divorce soon!"
Seriously, I've been getting notifications about them having fights in front of stores ever since I picked up the story progression mod.

Life as a toad doesn't seem to phase Ciera much, and Guillermo doesn't even notice. He went right back to autonomously flirting with her the moment she stepped foot in the consignment store.
Ciera took advantage of this to mooch food off of him. Mooched food.... feels just as cheaty as quick meals, honestly, but it's not as cheatsy as mooching for money and I don't really know what other traits Ciera has that I can really live by, sooo....
That looks nice.

Seriously, these two really like flirting.
 Neither of them even have the Flirty trait.
They barely know each other.
 I didn't get a shot of him actually doing it since I was distracted by Ciera and Guillermo, but Masaru's taken to graffiti. He thought the front of the cabin was looking rather dull, so he fixed it.
It's hard to see, but I felt obligated to insert the screenshot anyway.
And Viola's been absent for a while, what's she up to?
Jogging. That's it. Nothing exciting.
This toad thing is really weird.
But it isn't stopping her from gardening.
It's going to be a lot cheaper in the long run to grow alchemy ingredients rather than buy them, after all.

Leisure day came around, so I sent them all to get a greeting card photo. They all took separate taxis despite how pointlessly expensive that would have been in real life and the fact that Ciera is supposed to be eco friendly.
This toad thing is really weird.
They continued to enjoy their day. Masaru entered a hot dog eating competition by himself, and then gave up and played guitar to Viola, who was the only one who actually stayed at the festival.
Skylar got invited to a pool party. He did no actual swimming and instead stood on the lawn in his swimwear talking about nachos with Ella Carlisle.
And, after I bent over backwards to make it possible to date the consignment store clerk so that I could get rid of this goddamn frog thing, Ciera went out on a date with Guillermo.
Astrid Pertridge is so confused. I don't blame her.
But Ciera got her frog kiss, which I missed getting a screenshot of, and turned back into a human.
Their date went like every other sim date ever - meaning they completely ignored each other for most of it despite how flirty they are normally.

And yet when Ciera returned home later that day, she had a skip in her step.
Masaru didn't get the memo that graffiti is illegal. Or maybe he did get the memo, and that's why he opted to spray paint the bathroom at the summer festival.
Unfortunately for him, the police are psychic.
I guess they both think the other is really hot, because the moment Masaru and the police officer meet they both start thinking about marriage despite the circumstances.
But Masaru gets arrested anyways, and fined. We now have a grand total of §0 in the bank.
We're rich.
------
Misc screenshots, in one album this time as per request

Next update is going to be a while away. While I'm alright borrowing a charger to write an update, I doubt I could get away with playing video games on it.

Comments

  1. Ahaha, I haven't played with the alchemy station in ages. The toad thing is weird but pretty funny. At least Ciera could get out of it. I wonder if she and Guillermo will continue to see each other? (And maybe...babies? XD)

    I wonder if everyone in the house will just be friends forever and have those kids with townies and not each other. The full house roll usually makes me have 2 couples because I'm lazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck, it was pretty funny for a while but I wanted to put a stop to it as soon as possible because it was... slightly uncomfortable in-game. Every time I clicked on something to have Ciera do something I had a toad face just... staring at me.

      I'm not going to comment to much on Ciera+Guillermo just yet, nor the relationship status of the rest of the house, but since it probably won't come up in the actual legacy I'll go ahead and mention it here - Skylar's actually meant to be aromantic. He's not going to date anyone at all.
      The other three are fair game though, so you'll just have to wait and see :P From where I am in the game I actually already have the first kid, but if I included it in this update it would have been too much and I don't think I have quite enough for a second update.

      Delete
  2. I have never really played around with alchemy so didnt know this could happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor did I! I didn't even get a notification about it so when I played the game I just moved to check on Ciera and suddenly she was a frog. It was weird.

      Delete
  3. I find legacies pretty much unplayable without mods. It's not just a "quality of life" thing, it's an "EA didn't design towns to function this long" thing.

    LOL at the wedding rings... too bad cops are usually vanillas, so you probably wouldn't want to set them up.

    Ciera makes a cute toad but that IS weird! My alchemy sims never had that happen. O.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeeaaahhh, that's a lesson I learned the hard way. I don't normally play past the first generation when I play Sims, meaning my first legacy was a huge learning curve.

      Setting up Masaru and the cop would have been hilarious, but alas, it's not meant to be. The generic face isn't such a problem for me, to be perfectly honest, since I can just use cheats to fiddle with it if it's really bad. I just don't think it'd really work out with the cop being some randomly generated homeless service NPC. I'm not entirely sure what'd happen if she got pregnant and had a baby, and I can't move her into the household because I already have my full house.

      The toad thing must pretty uncommon, then. I don't really play with alchemy much, but this is the only time it's ever happened to me as well. Makes me wonder what else can happen if it backfires...

      Delete
    2. You could move her into a different household with Master Controller, she'd be safe then. (You'd have to set her into the police career manually after that probably).

      The rules also allow you to move in the pregnant mother of a male heir, as long as she's out of the household within 24 hours of the baby's birth, so that would apply here as well if you wanted.

      Delete
    3. Oh, thanks! I'm still not sure I'll do it, but it's good to know that's an option. After all, I still need to get two more kids and I don't exactly have any plans at the moment.

      Delete
  4. "We're Rich" was a great way to end this chapter! Masaru's gonna hookup with the police babe after she arrests him like five more times. That would be hilarious, and kind of cute.

    I think you're truly enjoy the NRAAS mod suite, it's helped me with my game so much and it's very intuitive and so much less obtuse than regular gameplay.

    The frog thing is totally weird (please appreciate my lack of a pun there, it took strength of will). It's one of my favorite real life animals, so I was thinking how cute it would be if you became a tiny toad instead of the grotesque human-bodied thing EA gave us. How fun would it be to play a live your life as a toad challenge, or have less options for the sims and still need to get kissed? I get that they need to be able to turn back, but they could have social interactions and be something like a pet until kissed/cured.

    Oh yeah and randomly Skylar the gossip is fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know I ended it well! I'm really awful at coming up with endings (and beginnings, for that matter) that don't feel abrupt, so it's nice to hear that this one worked well.
      I was _really_ tempted to hook Masaru and the police officer up, since her overly generic face can be fixed up with cheats, but alas. I can't move her into the household since I already have my full house, and I'm not entirely sure what happens if I get a homeless NPC pregnant. Would I have to move her into a house or something? I already did that with the elixir consignment clerk...

      Heck, playing as a frog would be super cute. Shame EA didn't go in that direction. It was probably too much work, and you know EA... can't even be bothered to patch half of their glitches.

      Delete
  5. Oh I just noticed that I toadally frogot to comment after reading!
    Poor Ciera, I hop this won't happen to her again. If she got pregnant in this state (maybe from Guillermo; or did she only date him because she was deponding on the potion?) would it result in toaddlers?

    0$ :( They gotta be frogal then!

    Please frogive all the frog puns, I'm in a silly mood :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you have no idea how great it is to come online after a crappy day to a comment full of silly puns.
      i'd respond in kind but alas, my pun arsenal is lacking. but thanks <3

      Delete
  6. The pet glitches are really freaky. O.O

    Ciera and Guillermo are so cute. He definitely cares about more than her looks. xD I'm glad the frog kiss worked for her. I've seen it backfire even more in someone else's blog. When they did the frog kiss it gave both of them the frog curse. xD

    Back to §0. Good job, Masaru.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be pretty startling when you pause the game to take a screenshot and see your pet or baby morphing into some glitch monster in the background lmao

      I imagine the couple bonded over being the only ones in town to take alchemy seriously (theyre not in moonlight falls, after all). If my rolls had allowed it a bit better I would have moved him in, it would have been cute.
      (I feel sorry for whoever had that happen omfg)

      I did wonder what would happen if you couldn't afford the fine... guess they just take all of your money and call it a day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1-4 // Dating: A Guide by Skylar McKinnon

1-3 // Angry Bees